Thursday, February 3, 2011

Your Time of Day.

This morning I woke up with a sudden burst of energy and creativity. After my mourning routine I grabbed my notebook and a pen and went downstairs for about thirty minutes. In that amount of time I got down at least ten pages of writing material. Now that it is later I went to write but my creativity bubble was no longer there. This is why it is a good thing to choose a certain time of the day to do your writing. The ideal time is the time you have the most imagination and ideas. For myself, the best time for me is in the morning. I think this is because waking up from constant dreams ongoing all night can sprout millions of ideas in your head. All you need to do is put all that energy onto the piece of paper. Now this isn't always the case for everyone. In some way it could be the end of the day that gets you thinking. Or it could also be the middle of the day. Maybe you would need to sit down at lunch and write a couple pages or two. Whatever works. It is not the same for everyone but the most promising thing is that you, personally, find your own time of day. Once this is determined you create a daily routine. For example, for some people it might be to go along with your day but once you arrive home, escape to a quite room to get in a couple pages of writing. Another way could be to wake up in the morning and take to your writing outside, watching the sunrise. It doesn't really matter when you write, just as long as you do it. Although I just mentioned that the best time for me to write was in the morning, I think that the best time for me to update my blog is in the evening. This way I can add on the writing I did later in the day, if there was any. This way, everything gets accounted for. Well, the fact that my eyelids are getting ten pounds heavier by the minute means that it is time for me to sign off. I will be writing tomorrow with the company of the morning sunrise. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment