Friday, February 4, 2011

Post-It Method

This morning I wrote about two or three pages at the most. Even though I had mentioned that my time to write during the day was in the morning today wasn't the same. It is best to keep a straight forward and constant schedule if you are wishing to pursue something like I am. This is why I still wrote a little. That morning, something else had caught my imagination.

My guide. As it says on underneath my "Guides" on my homepage of my blog I am using a "guide" called "This Year You Write Your Novel" by Walter Mosley. So this morning I was reading through the book and using it as a guide and source for and helping me with my writing. I do think that it has some good ideas within this source. One helping way for me to remember these phrases and parts in the text in to highlight. If you have a book like this, and it is yours (not the library's or a friends), then you can write, highlight, underline right in the book. You could also put those small post-its on the page so that you can just turn straight to it. So this morning after I wrote a little, I went through this book footnoting all the parts that I wanted to look back on some time later. I had grabbed a highlighter, pencil, and some mini post-it's, and the book and sat down for a while. This is a method I think works very well. Whether it be a rough draft of a paper for school, or magazine you can use this anywhere.

Since I only wrote a little bit this morning I have a plan of writing more than usual tomorrow morning. So until then, off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment