Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Daily Routine

Today I was bombarded with school work and had practice after school, leaving me with barely any time for writing. Since I overslept this morning. Feeling overwhelmed from work I sat down in a calm environment, listening to country music. I wrote. I wrote about two pages. Before I sat down and wrote I was only thinking of how overwhelmed I was feeling and pressured and busy. Then I got spare moment and sat down for a while and just opened my notebook. The minute I uncapped my pen, a boatload of ideas came rushing into my head. I guess it would seem that I would feel more overwhelmed, almost to the point of exploding. But that didn't even cross my mind. I felt happy that after having nothing on my mind but work, that I was able to sit down and recover all the ideas in my head from the past day. This way, even though I didn't write a lot, I now know what I need to do when I write. Get in a comforting environment. I think this helps a lot, it also relieves all the stress from the day, or from the day before ( for people who write in the morning ). So tomorrow I will be putting up my "reminders" of my daily writing. Seeing that I did not do that today, this is why I am updating my blog at 11 at night. I am tired and had to drag myself out of bed for this, but if I did not update I would feel horrible. The reminder in the back of my head saying, "Update your blog don't forget..." over and over again would just increase. It is the feeling of having a routine, a schedule. Some people enjoy this, some don't. I am all for both, meaning that my routine for this isn't horrifyingly strict. I write in the morning and update in the afternoon. Anyways, basically I wrote in the afternoon and updated very late at night (11 PM), meaning that tomorrow I will put up my reminder's , reminding me of my daily writing in the morning (this was stated in an earlier post). Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment