Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Everything Needs Patience

I have a while till my 365 day goal starts so I thought I would talk about some necessities I would need to write a novel. When I first think about writing a novel I need to research, just like anything else. Buy English grammar books and catch up on my reading, noticing the elements of fiction and elements of plot. There are many different types of books out there and I will need to decide which type of book I want to write. For example, some books are non-fiction, fiction, bibliography, and autobiography. When I go to the library and look at all the books there are I think that mine could one day be among them. My name could be on the spine of the book for all to see. That is another thing you need in order to write a book, inspiration. In my case I'm inspired by listening to all the different authors rise to fame stories. How J.K. Rowling started out in a local coffee shop and Ishmael Beah in his book “A long way gone”.

If I am to finish this book I will need to publish it of course. Everyone says that publishing things are really hard. I mean look at Julia Child. She is this historical woman who had this amazing idea and wrote the book but she got turned down many times. I am plenty aware of this task I’m beholding and need to be patient. So to practice my patience I half to wait until February 1st, 2011 to start writing. For now I might as well go and eat some breakfast. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment